Craftsman Credit Union's History
Craftsman Credit Union was established in 1947 and was originally called "Cadillac Credit Union". Celebrating over 58 years, we currently have over 6,000 members with over thirty-five million in assets. We are located in Detroit's Empowerment Zone at 2444 Clark Street.
U.S. Patriot Act
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
We are a full service institution and offer a vast variety of savings and loans
Our rates are competitive and our service is unbeatable!
Four ways to become a member of Craftsman Credit Union
and start enjoying the benefits!
1. An employee of General Motors Corporation:
- All General Motors Employees are within our field of membership and can join anytime!
2. A member of an Organized Employer Group located within a 25 mile radius of the
- Our Membership consists of employees or members of employer groups or other organized groups which are located within 25 miles of the credit union's main office, which office is authorized as :
Craftsman Credit Union
2444 Clark Street
Detroit, Michigan 48209
If you are interested in offering the benefits of Credit Union membership to your
employees, contact Margie L. Wilkes, General Manager/CEO at 313-554-9300.
3. Family-Related Membership:
4. A Retiree from any Organization:
If you qualify or not sure if you qualify through one of these four ways,
come in and see us soon!