Privacy & Security
If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at:
(313) 554-9300 or write to:
Craftsman Credit Union
Detroit, MI 48209
Information We Collect About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us or our affiliate, Service Centers Corporation
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance companies
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers, plastic card processors, direct marketers, and government agencies.
Linking to Other Web Sites
Credit Union is not responsible for the content of any third party Web site or the privacy practices of such third parties. In addition, a link from our Web site to another Web site does not indicated that Credit Union endorses the services or policies of such third party Web site. You should always investigate the information practices of all Web sites that you access and carefully examine the privacy policies, if any, of the Web sites appearing on or linking to or from our Web site. Information collected from the linked Web sites will be subject to the information practices of those Web sites.
Cookies: The Craftsman website uses HTTP cookies used for authenticating, session tracking (state maintenance), and maintaining specific information about users, such as site preferences and login information.
What is a Cookie? 'HTTP cookies', more commonly referred to as Web cookies, or just cookies, are parcels of text sent by a server to a Web client (your browser) and then sent back unchanged by the client each time it accesses that server.
Third Party Websites: Craftsman CU utilizes third party websites to deliver and process information. The Craftsman CU website also includes links to websites wholly independant of Craftsman Credit Union. When you click a link on the Craftsman CU website that points to a third party website you will see a message informing you accordingly.
Email: E-mail transmissions are not always secure. Please do not include account numbers or Social Security numbers in your correspondence. Please contact us directly to discuss your accounts.
Craftsman Credit Union and its affiliate Service Centers may also work closely to offer products and services to meet members needs. As a result, we may also share your nonpublic personal information with each other as permitted by law.
Our Credit Union is constantly concerned about our member’s critical information and privacy. With this in mind, we have the following security services installed on our Internet server:
- Each server is behind a Firewall. This UNIX based hardware product blocks critical ports and IP addresses on servers from external attack and access.
- Each server runs proprietary software that constantly monitors the servers for unauthorized use and attempts to "hack" into information. Administrators are contact when forced attacks are committed, and countermeasures can be applied to stop these instances.
- All administrative activity requires user login and authentication. All administrative updates are logged into files that can be reviewed later.
- All servers come with a Global Verisign Certificate (RSA) for digitally encrypted communications between the Web server and your member. Information passed in applications cannot be decrypted by third parties attempting to "pick" information being passed across the Internet backbone.
- All servers run the latest version of Apache Web Server, considered the strongest and most secure Web server software on the market.